Merlin has developed an industry leading position in advising companies on corporate and debt restructurings and refinancings in recent years. Our experience covers a variety of sectors including Media, Transportation, Support Services, Retail, Leisure and Manufacturing.
In dealing with a range of scenarios our clients have relied upon us for strategic counsel and support in: employee communications and industrial relations, wider stakeholder communications, lender, bondholder and investor relations, media relations, crisis management and contingency planning, litigation communications, regulatory advisory support around critical issues, international communications coordination, presentation development and rehearsal with management and advisors.
Relevant client experience:
- European Directories – Restructuring of the pan-European directories business; based on achievement of senior lender support, junior lender and sponsor concessions
- Fairline – Refinancing of 3i-backed leading UK luxury yacht maker
- Riva – Restructuring of the bingo club and arcades operator
- Regent Inns – Refinancing and restructuring of the UK pubs and restaurants group; de-listing
- Buy As You View – Refinancing and restructuring of the retailer by 3i and its banks; involved “pre-pack” administration and related crisis management
- Zenith Hygiene – Public-to-private transaction of the UK chemical hygiene company via a scheme of arrangement, subsequent capital injection and repositioning
- Fat Face – Advisers to Bridgepoint on its refinancing of the company and debt buyback
- Sanctuary – Rights issue and restructuring of global music company; subsequent acquisition by Universal Music
- Jarvis – Restructuring of support services group in one of the largest and highest profile restructurings undertaken in the UK: disposals programme; refinancing; scheme of arrangement; plus public affairs aspects of Potters Bar rail crash enquiry which impacted simultaneously; coordination of internal and external communications
- Dunlop Slazenger – Restructuring of the branded sports products business; management buyout; turnaround; subsequent sale to Sports Direct